Thursday 23 April 2020

ANZAC DAY 2020

 We made Anzac Biscuits for Anzac Day. They were incredible and delicious.  I loved them!
While they were cooking, I got into my Boys Brigade uniform and put on some medals on.

The first picture is of me wearing a medal that I earned for helping.  I am wearing it on the left side because I earned it for being the best brother.




 This picture is of me with the poppies at our gate that we made, I am in my Boys Brigade uniform and I am wearing the medal that my fathers grandfather got when he went to the war of
1939 -1945 World War II.  I am wearing them on my right side because I did not earn them.
The medal on the left is The Battle of Brittan medal, the one on the right is the NZ war service medal.


Here we are scoffing our delicious Anzac biscuits.  We use Anzac biscuits to commemorate Anzac Day because the soldiers were so far away it took ages for the biscuits to get to them and the Anzac biscuits lasted that long and still tasted yummy.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Rhys
    Gosh, it looks like you have had a very busy and yummy time and you have made a lot of effort to get into your Boys Brigade uniform for the photos. It is good that you know the difference of what side the medals are worn on. It was great that you earned the best brother award yourself. Do you enjoy going to Boys Brigade? How long have you been going for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been doing so many things Rhys, thank you for sharing all of this for us to see it is fantastic. I am glad you knew what side to wear the medals on. And I love the best brother award, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rhys, thanks for the great information. I did not know about the difference in sides that you wear medals on.I found that interesting. How long have you been in Boys Brigade? How many other medals have you earnt? and for what?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful photos Rhys. I didn't know why you wore the medals on the sides either, so thank you for teaching me something today. I love making and eating ANZAC biscuits too. When I was little, my Nana used to bake them with me and we would share them with the neighbours in the morning service, so they always remind me of my childhood. I think I might have to bake some myself now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.